Sunday, October 4, 2009

Not one, but TWO!


Ever since Livy knocked Nathan's 2 front teeth loose when he was just the tender age of 4, she has been dying to have a loose tooth of her own. I have not been as enthusiastic because somehow we managed to keep Nathan's teeth in there a whole year after the dentist told us they would turn black and fall out, but was still not happy that my sweet little 5 year old had teeth missing that young. It took YEARS for the permanent ones to fill in the gaps, and he has just now gotten to the point where as one fell out it was quickly replaced by the new one. So, I wasn't overly excited when Livy announced last week that she finally had a loose tooth! She played with it and played with it, and then declared today the day she thought it was ready to come out. You don't have to tell Jake twice, he had been itching to pull that tooth out for her since she first said it was loose. So, she bravely follows him to the kitchen, and 3.6 seconds later, runs upstairs to me with a bloody tissue hanging out the corner of the biggest grin I think I've seen on her since last Christmas! I made her swish and gargle Muzzy's secret potion for getting pulled teeth to stop bleeding (a mixture of water, salt, and vinegar - yum!) and went back to what I was doing. After she had finished, she came back up to me to say that Daddy had pulled hard enough on that one tooth he made the one next to it bleed, and that one would soon be coming out too! Well, unfortunately for that little unsuspecting tooth, Jake heard what she said and it was another 3.6 seconds before she was sporting the bloody tissue again. So, with the 2 teeth under her pillow, I think she went to bed the happiest little girl in the state tonight.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! you guys always have the best stories. they simply brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake is a barbarian. How much cash did she rake in? I could be interested in having Jake's help if I don't get a job soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy Jake! Sheesh! Who am I to judge? I'm the same way! What's the going rate for lost teeth in your area? I keep wondering if our tooth fairy is over paying.

    ReplyDelete