
On Sunday, Sept 5th, Jake and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. Woah, what a ride it has been! We sat around thinking about what the next 12 years might look like for us, but as soon as I realized how grown up the kids would be I started to get all teary eyed, so we changed it to what the last 12 years had brought us instead.
We figured that in 12 years -
we've had 11 pets, 10 years of parenting experience, between the two of us worked for 9 different employers, driven 8 different vehicles, taken the kids to (or at least passed through) 7 states on vacation, seen 6 siblings marry and start having kids so that we get to be Uncle Jake and Aunt Meg to our nieces and nephews - 5 of each, we were blessed with our own 4 smart, adorable, and hilarious kiddos, lived in 3 homes, successfully endured 2 LONG deployments to Iraq, and all of this to realize that we're 1 happy family.
Happy anniversary to my best friend! Thanks for the last 12 years and I look forward to what the next 12 will bring. All except for the part about my babies growing up, of course.
Wow, 12 years! Happy Anniversary! I love your post, so clever and man what a ride it's been. I love being able to keep up with what's happening with your family. I hope someday we can catch up and visit in person.
ReplyDeleteI love it! What a cute numbers post!! Congrats you two!
ReplyDeleteAre you sure you'll be able to last another 12 with Jake? :) You guys are great and it's been awesome having you in the family, Megan.
ReplyDeleteWHAT THE HECK! WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME TO COME BABYSIT YOUR KIDS! You guys are in BIG TROUBLE! Plane a date, NOW and call me. We are taking the kids. NO BATTLE! Dinner, Movie.. somthing! punks, Happy 12th! I am sad I didn't know the date, sorry. Now I am just expecting that phone call..
ReplyDeleteThis is an awesome post. I especially love seeing a wedding picture since we didn't have facebook and blogs when you got married and I didn't get to see it then. Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! You guys need to take a vacation and come visit us.
ReplyDeleteVery, very clever! Happy 12 years!! You both deserve all the happiness!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love your wedding photo!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so cute!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I can't believe it's been that long! Just seems like yesterday we Rosie, Ashley and I flew out there to help you celebrate. Here's to many more!
ReplyDeleteI remember that day and how beautiful you looked. You guys are such an awesome love story
ReplyDelete