Sunday, May 22, 2011

One year old and playing in the mud.

Back in November I wrote a post titled '6 months old and playing in the snow', but now my puppy is one, and all that snow we had has turned my yard into mud!!  Reco is having the best time getting filthy playing in it, but frankly, I think I've had quite enough of all the rain, and it was much cuter (and cleaner) watching him play in the snow. 
One particularly wet day early last week, the kids were supposed to be doing homework in the kitchen, but judging by the amount of stifled giggling I could hear, something far more interesting was going on.  When I went in to check it out and restore order, even I had to laugh, and of course run and get the camera.  Our puppy looked like a little bear cub!!  He was such a happy mess I couldn't risk going outside to take a picture and settled for what I could capture through the ultra muddy sliding glass door. 
That was a fun one to try to clean up before he was allowed back inside, especially since it was pouring rain pretty much non-stop the rest of that week.
Then on Friday, Reco had his first birthday.  We sang to him and gave him a HUGE bone, a tradition in our family, only Cabelas stopped selling their Goliath bone and we had to try a new kind.  I much prefer the stinky Goliath to this one that was peeled into large flat strips of rawhide in a matter of minutes.  Oh well, they were a grand few minutes for the birthday boy since he turned them into to "toys" he could toss around the yard. 

So, some pictures of the birthday boy!!  :)

I love this one, his tongue cracks me up.  This was while he so patiently eyed his bone while we sang to him.    

He finally gets his present.  Happy dog.

  My handsome boy.

Reco, we just love you to pieces.  You are such an awesome dog . . .
. . . even if you are still a bit of a muddy mess in your birthday pics!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment