Ok, I know this isn't the type of post most would call "blog-worthy", but I started our family blog so I could remember all the funny things my kids do, you know, day-to-day things that I want to remember when I'm all old and wrinkly. So here is one about Elle.
Jake decided when I came home from "work" (yes the quotation marks are intentional, and if you know what I do at "work", you know why . . . ) that we should treat ourselves to the Village Pizza Buffet for lunch. We don't go there often at all, but with only 2 kids home at the time, it sounded like fun. Elle is a huge pizza fan for some unknown reason (remember Nathan saying "Don't you know anything about sick moms? They don't like pizza!!" while I was pregnant with Elle and couldn't even hear the word pizza without a mad dash to the bathroom? I still do . . .). And so there we sat at a quiet booth in Village Pizza and Jake got her a piece of vegetarian with peppers, mushrooms, onions, olives, etc. and she excitedly yelled, "Yea!! Pizza!!" as she grabbed for the piece just put on her plate. So, we were shocked when she then grabbed a fork with her other hand and yelled, "GET - OFF - MY - PIZZA!" in one of her scary, psycho, monstery voices while violently stabbing at all the peppers, mushrooms, onions, olives, etc. on that poor dangling piece of pizza until everything had dropped off onto her plate, and then she took a huge bite, happy now that it was purged of everything except for tomato sauce and cheese. It took us a few seconds to realize what had just happened, and when we did, we couldn't stop laughing . . . I am still laughing now.
What's A Sister For?
2 weeks ago
Megan! Elle is hilarious! Any time you want to give her up for adoption you just let us know ok :) Yah, I plan on bringing my bike out this weekend to try jake's little machine. I love that bike tho, so much fun. So yah, we definately want to go to the monster truck rally with you guys. I looked it up online and it looks crazy cool.
ReplyDelete