I keep getting asked if J.D. is walking yet - that's the natural thing to inquire about around a child's first birthday, but the real story is that he only even started crawling about 5 weeks ago. Well, is he cruising around, hanging onto the furniture? Umm, not exactly . . . does it count if he "cruises" around on his knees? It is so funny to watch. He has now gotten intersted enough in things on the couch, table, etc. that he'll pull himself up just enough to see what's there and try to reach it, but won't make the extra effort to pull himself to standing. Once he's
up, he'll then move around the table or couch to get someplace else, but its all scooting around on his knees! So, of course this is J.D. in his crib after he has woken up from a nap, peeking over the crib rails like all kids do, but . . . he's, (surprise!) . . . on his knees. But, oh so cute! Big blue eyes, chubby pink cheeks, that's all you can ask for, right mom?
What's A Sister For?
2 weeks ago
I don't care if he doesn't walk for another year, he is still the cutest little kid I have ever met. I think he cried once over the weekend when we had him and that was because sophie has a little brother with a beard and JD thought he was pretty scary.
ReplyDelete