Tonight Nathan is at "Grandma Day", which
consists of a sleepover on Friday and then off on a fun activity planned for Saturday. The kids get their Grandma Days after they have turned 3 and are potty trained, so this has been on Elle's mind for a few months now, knowing her turn is fast approaching. So, when we dropped off Nathan tonight, Elle even asked if she could "share" his Grandma Day with him. And, since Jake is having a "sleepover" in
Moab with Grandpa, Uncle Michael, and Uncle Andrew this weekend for their adventure race, Elle has sleepovers on the brain. So, she decided to host her own . . . right in my living room and inside the bed extender for the truck, which for some random reason I brought into the house. She pushed it up against the wall, furnished it with pillows and blankets, and then convinced Livy and J.D. to join her. When she realized I was taking pictures, she instructed Livy and J.D. to "be asleep for my sleepover pictures!"

At first J.D. protested and tried to escape the prison he'd been thrown into, but later decided that it was actually quiet comfortable and after all . . . if you can't beat 'em . . .
Join 'em!


Crazy kids - I love their "sleeping" smiles.
Don't mind that up there^^^. What I really wanted to know is did they sleep in it the whole night? And did you join them? Roxy always gets mad if we want to sleep in our own bed instead of her fort-contraptions.
ReplyDeleteI love Elle. She has the best ideas. If you ever decide you don't want her anymore, tell her there's an infinite sleepover party at the Orton's house and she is so invited.
My boss walked into my office as I was reading your post and asked why I was smiling. Your kids are hilarious and I can't stop from laughing seeing JD in his little "chill" position. Tell them they can all come over and have a sleepover at Aunt Sophie's house (cause they like her more :) )
ReplyDelete