So, Jake and my brother-in-law, Brodie raced in the Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, CA. (Not so tuff of a name for a mountain bike race, and yes, I get into trouble for saying that, but remember this is MAMB so I think I'm entitled to a few digs.) This was Jake's 3rd race in 4 Saturdays, the one Saturday that he wasn't racing, was spent driving to California so that he would be there for the race the next weekend . . . are we starting to see a little justification in the forming of MAMB? Anyway, the day started out at 5am and FREEZING, but here are the boys right before they got going on their "19 mile" race (actually 20.3 by Jake's bike computer) 

Well, this is what we did while we waited for them to race (approx 1 hour 40 minutes):

Well, this is what we did while we waited for them to race (approx 1 hour 40 minutes):
So, yes as you can imagine, we went and did all the cool stuff while they were racing and were ready to pack up and go by time they finished. Mostly because of course, by then it was super hot and we were all getting sweaty and sun fried, but we managed to stick it out a little longer so the guys could check out all the "really cool stuff" ie: all the bike tents and vendors that we set up. All in all it was a fun day (it kills me to say that . . .) and it was good practice for all the many upcoming races that we will be attending from now until October - especially since Nathan has been now been recruited and will be officially racing twice in May. . . MAMB, what is happening?!
update: my sister blogged her version of the day, which of course was our day, only her pictures are much better, and her play-by-play of the day is quite possibly more accurate, and definitely more amusing! Check out her thoughts: http://www.sillystringers.blogspot.com/
Mamb IS getting weaker clearly. BAMB is a cheap knock off with far less venom or ammunition but maybe we should team up?
ReplyDeleteI think Sophie is starting to feel some of the 'against'ness after I've been riding every day this week. I am rediculously in shape now though so she can't complain...because I was pretty fat before I started riding. Anyway...looked like you had some fun down there. We'll see you at the 5-mile pass race!
ReplyDeleteSo there are some cool pictures of nathan that you can see through the Utahmountainbiking.com website. You'll have to have Jake show you where they are. He looks pretty cool on his bike. Can't wait for draper!
ReplyDeleteUmm, I'm blog stalking you. But I hope it's not creepy since I was your neighbor and our dogs were best friends. Your kids are huge and I can't believe how time has flown by. It was great to catch up on your family!
ReplyDeleteBrenda Miles