So, for our first item of excitement . . . drum roll please . . . I finally got a fence!!! I have been wanting, no NEEDING one ever since we moved here 6 1/2 years ago, and somehow made it until now, but after the long wait, it is all done. Jake and his dad put it up in record time and it is the most beautiful thing I have seen in a long time. And I know to most of you it looks tiny and a lot like, well, a fence, and you can't imagine what all the fuss it about, but really, it is a lot more space than we able to use before. I am so happy, the dogs are so happy, sniff, sniff, little tear - who knew cedar planks, a few nails, and some Monterey Grey stain could evoke such emotion?
Jesse, after being trained on the electric fence for 4 years, took some time to venture out past her previous boundaries, but now dutifully "patrols" the fence perimeter - you know does "a quick once over" and an "all clear" (thanks deputy Jesse) - with Mikka right behind her.
Of course we had to celebrate our fence completion with a little AMA SuperCross action later that night. We had a lot of fun and we were happy that James Stewart won again, but I am not quite ready to become a roadie and follow them around to every race . . . but, I am considering being a contestant in the Miss SuperCross pageant for next year. ha ha. (and yes, that is a real pageant!!)

We also had a birthday in the house!! Elle turned the big 3!! To celebrate, we went to the Children's Discovery Gardens at Thanksgiving Point and of course, as part of Weber birthday tradition - had ice cream!
We also had a birthday in the house!! Elle turned the big 3!! To celebrate, we went to the Children's Discovery Gardens at Thanksgiving Point and of course, as part of Weber birthday tradition - had ice cream!
The gardens were beautiful . . .
Jake and J.D. invented a new extreme sport - "Freestyle Stroller" . . .
and . . .
"See mom? Everything is fine. I'm ok - I had fun!." (and that is more than I can say for my stroller which now rattles like an old man's teeth and one brake has to be tied up with a rubber band.)
All in all it was a great day (despite the slightly embarrassing, yet humorous moment when Elle coughed and Jake said loudly, "Uh-oh, swine flu." and pretty much cleared the playground of other children.) I can't believe my funny monkey is already 3 - she totally grew up over night.
Oh yeah, and she got a bike! Watch out Eagle Mountain - it's Elle on wheels (ha ha, get it?!) :)
Pardon the outfit, these pictures must have been taken on "dress yourself Friday".
And, I think an end to this blog post is in sight, bear with me through one more event:
Grandpa D comes to "visit" - and by "visit" I mean he flew all the way from California to officiate a soccer game between the Utah National Guard and the Queen's Grenadier Guard from England, and spent a little time with us since we live here. :) I won't get into the details of the game - it was a bit of a loss for the Utah Guard (7-0 and 8-1), but we had a lot of fun watching Grandpa D do his stuff, and Nathan "Beckham" Weber got to toss the coin at the start of the game! He was so excited his clothes were all laid out the night before, from jersey to brand new cleats still new in the box. (and I had to sneak a picture - it was too cute)
Some shots from the game:
Well, that's all folks, you truly are a great friend if you stuck with me through to the end! Stay tuned for the next installment of Weber Mania, and I promise it won't be as long! :)
Way too long. Please blog more often and shorter. My attention span is small. Great thanks.
ReplyDelete