Reason #1: Nathan
Reason #2: Livy
Reason #3: Elle
Reason #4: J.D.
I have been so blessed with such great kids - and dang cute too, if I do say so myself! Here they all are in their Easter fancies. (A little over the top all matching and all 4 in hats?! Maybe, but even I think its fun once in a while.)
I got to be one of the "Mystery Moms" in Primary yesterday where the kids can only see your feet and they ask questions to try and guess whose Mom it is. Nathan knew right away on the first question, even in my 'high pitched, you'll never guess whose Mom I am voice' and it only took Livy 2 questions to figure it out. It was fun to realize how well they knew me, especially with their "gifts" for me. Livy had my cereal all ready for me when I got up, and promised to "treat Elle like a person all day" (maybe she's finally heard it enough) and Nathan got busy sweeping and vacuuming the dog hair off the kitchen floor (although it was at 7:15 am . . . ) and then cleaned out the shoe closet. They sure know how to make a mom happy on Mother's Day! It was even funnier when we all came home from church and Livy and Elle chucked their shoes into his newly organized closet and he got mad at them for not putting their shoes in the right cubbies. I decided to take advantage of the teaching moment I had been presented with and made sure he realized how it felt to get something all picked up and have someone else come along and mess it up. Now I think he understands better that I'm not just a mean control freak, and he'll help out more with his things being put away, and getting the girls to be more aware too. Double bonus! :)
Happy Mother's Day! I dig the Easter hats!
ReplyDeleteThat picture is adorable. Man, I love your kids.
ReplyDeleteJust today, I was walking from my car to my house and Elle saw me and ran to me smiling and hollering, "I've got a big surprise for you Natée! You can do my hair today!!" Love her.