Monday, August 17, 2009

"Do not leave baby unattended"

I am pretty sure I've seen that warning on just about EVERYTHING a baby could possibly come into contact with, and I was pretty sure it was just on there for the moron parents who would do stupid things regardless of what "dangers" the company lawyers felt had adequately warned against. But, I did it anyway - I left the baby unattended! (gasp!)

J.D. was happy in his highchair, his favorite place to be as long as food is supplied, and I went around the corner to the living room to watch a DVR'ed episode of Big Brother, pathetic excuse, I know, but I had been waiting since Thursday to get my fix from the next installment of drama. Well, the food supply had run out, awfully fast I might add, so J.D. started squawking from the kitchen for more. Even though the episode had already been recorded, and I could have easily paused it, I was mean and made him wait a bit, because I knew he was fine, and all four wheels of the highchair were locked so he couldn't scoot it towards the counter and grab stuff while I wasn't looking. Only a few minutes later and J.D. started laughing and saying, "Hi. Hi. Hi." I turned around to see who/what he might be saying hi to and saw him waving at me, grinning and so proud that he had "found" me. He had scooted the locked-wheel highchair backwards and out of the kitchen and he could see me from around the corner. I laughed and then noticed the precarious position the highchair was in, and so like a good mom, I jumped up and, no, didn't rescue the baby in danger, but grabbed my camera and took a few pictures!


I like that he is making sure my picture-taking documents the fact that he would like more water, please - you know, as long as I was up and saving him from falling down the stairs . . .


and p.s. - While I may not be a Mom of the Year nominee, I am an awesome aunt! Well, maybe not necessarily awesome either, but I am an aunt again. Congratulations to Andrew and Sophie on their beautiful baby girl, Kennedy! I would post a cute picture of my kids fighting to hold her, but I was in such a hurry to race down to the hospital to hold that new little bundle of joy myself that I didn't even remember to take my wallet - so no pictures, sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Grabbing the camera first? A girl after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love that you grabbed the camera first. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete