Sunday, February 14, 2010

Warning: lots of pictures, lots of blab

Current update: so I had A LOT of trouble (to say the least with) blogger and just barely got it all figured out to post this that was already way late when I started writing it back the first week of Jan. :) So, here goes . . .

I have a lot to catch up on, but I have taken close to NO pictures lately. I even had to bum some pictures off my sister-in-law's blog. I'm terrible, I know, but its true. So, thanks Sophie, now I can blog. :)

So, Christmas was a big deal this year - it was planned more than 2 years in advance. Between church missions and deployments to Iraq, it had been 9 years since the Weber brothers had been together for Christmas. Adam came home from his mission to Poland just a few weeks before and Matt and Breanne drove in from Minnesota with their kids. It was really great to all be together even though it got pretty crazy and loud with 10 kids ranging from 9 years down to 2 months all in one house. I guess raising 6 boys provides you with some serious patience skills because Grandma was the only one who seemed to be immune to all the noise and loved every minute. She hosted major sleepovers for the cousins, cooked fabulous meals, planned the most fun activities, and did it all with more energy and enthusiasm than the rest of us put together.

On Christmas Eve, Grandma got the kids to act out the nativity story. They were all so cute, but I have to say, I think Elle has a future in acting! I mean, we all knew she was a ham, but she had a speaking part as the Angel and nailed it! Then, on to the traditional singing fun - complete with belles jingling, horses clopping, belts snapping, and brown paper bags popping.










We took our kids home that night to our own house to wait for Santa. They had a great time in the morning opening presents. . .










. . . then back over to Grandma and Grandpa's for even more presents. We did the nut in the pudding - and I WON! yeah! I knew I had it right away, but decided to play a little game of my own to draw out the suspense. The Weber boys always dig right in looking for the nut, and get frustrated with us who like to enjoy our pudding a little too, so I just hid it in my mouth until I couldn't keep a straight face anymore. It means I got a box of See's and get to write the story for next year that we'll read to pass the pudding around the table. Jake swears he's never won in his life, but I think the girls are on a roll because Livy won it last year, and I had a feeling it would be me this year! Maybe Elle will get it next . . .




New Year's Eve was so fun too! Grandma had the kids all day and we got to go snowboarding. I never really get to go anymore, so I was excited. We went to Sundance, which is where Jake and I met, and I know that place so well from all the time I used to spend up there :) - so we had a great time. Then we all went out to dinner and a movie - it was my favorite New Year's Eve in a long time.

The kids went back to school on the 4th - our winter break went by WAY too fast, but at the same time, its nice to be back in our routine. All except for the minor hiccup in the middle of the week that threw us all for a loop: Livy has broken her elbow now from climbing up on the kitchen counter and of course - just like Mom warned a bazillion times - fell off. What is it with my girls' left elbows? I never even knew that you could break an elbow, and this is the 3rd one in 5 months. Yeah, I know, I can't make this stuff up. And, it happened to be on the same day that Elle started physical therapy for her elbow that still doesn't bend properly from her breaks. I am feeling like I'm living in some sort of mean practical joke - I just can't seem to keep my kids in one piece. And, she was just learning to snowboard too - a real natural - I was so proud! Oh well, I guess there's always next year . . .

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous post lady. And Happy Valentines, New Year and Merry Christmas;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Glad to hear you're still alive (and look like you haven't aged a day since I saw you last!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the super long informative-ness going on here. When I first looked at the Christmas pictures I felt like your living room looked huge... guess without a bed it gets roomier aye?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun, Tell Livy and Elle I love their UGGs they got! So cute!

    ReplyDelete