Keep in mind this post is pretty old - J.D. had his birthday on Jan, 17th. There is still Jake and Livy's birthdays to blog now too. Maybe I'll get caught up someday! :)
My baby is growing up so fast - I can't believe he's already 2. I'd be pretty sad about it except that he gets cuter and more fun every day. He melts my heart each morning when he comes down the stairs dragging behind him his little blue blankie 'Linus-style' and sporting the sweetest little wake-up face - chubby pink cheeks, big blue eyes, contagious toothy grin. He has been such a joy to have in our family and every day with him is a blessing. We love that he runs or gallops everywhere he goes, and dances every time he hears music - whether it be on the radio, commercial on TV, or even someone's cell phone ringing in a store - he loves to shake his booty! So much gushing about my little guy, but its his birthday and anyone who is around him for even a minute knows what I am talking about, so I am allowed. :) So, his stats at 2 years - I've seen a lot of moms include these in their blogs and I thought it was a good idea just in case I lose those cute little handouts they give you at your appointment. :) - length 34" 50%, weight 25 lbs 12 oz 25%, and head 47.5cm 25%. It would take me too long to dig through old papers to find everyone else's stats to compare to, so let's just say this - none of my other kids got out of the "less than 5%" category for weight and I think the best height percentage we got was 15th. And his head is definitely bigger than eveyone else's by far - he can practically share hats with Nathan already, so yep, he's my incredible hulk.
We had a long birthday celebration weekend - his birthday was on Sunday, so he got treats in Nursery, got to open presents, and then since the kids were out of school Monday for the Martin Luther holiday, we had an awesome breakfast at Grandma Great's, and a little party with more family later with cake and ice cream.
He loves his Scooby Doo crocs from Muzzy! (and pardon the shirtless beefcake baby, he likes to show off the figure he works so hard for.)
What a strapping young lad! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteP.S. We were engaged at Brick Oven. It's where we went on our first date;) Plus I used to work there!
Well, it's obvious where he gets that hot bod from...
ReplyDelete