What kind of mom would I be if I didn't post something about the kids' first day back at school?! The summer was great, we really had lots of fun - way too much to have bothered to blog about it I guess, since my blog has obviously been neglected - but alas its that time again to say goodbye to lazy days spent in jammies with nothing to do but complain about having nothing to do. The kids got to have one last hoorah before the school grind began again with Grandma who came to visit from Connecticut. They had a sleep-over, played mini golf, went hiking, had a picnic at the duck pond, and she even took them shopping and bought them books and both my school go-ers got an entire outfit that they were dying to wear their first day. Since they got rides to school today, I even took the time to do Livy's hair!! They'll mostly be riding bikes from now on, so she wanted to look cute just one day without helmet hair. Even Nathan did his hair without being told - and they had both already brushed their teeth by time I reminded them. Woah, there must be an incredible motivation to impress on the first day!! Anyway, here's the classic "first-day picture" of course by the front door showing off their new cool threads. Good luck this year guys!

And while Team 1 was busy at school, Team 2 was well . . .

. . .
not as busy. Hmmmm. I guess I'm not nearly as fun and exciting to play with as Nathan and Livy are. This never happened ALL summer long!!
Elle is "super-duper-over-the-top-can't-stop-playing-with-her-new-clipboard-and-crayons" excited to start preschool next week, and I'm looking forward to the time I get to just hang out with my funny little J.D.
ha, your kids are by far my favorite, well besides my adorable Kennedy :) (and not just because they don't have a lot of competition.. even if there were 200 kids to compete with... I will just stop there.) Anyway.. cute kids at school, and funny ones at home!
ReplyDeleteHow crazy that school can start without us there? Your kids look great!!
ReplyDeleteIt's like looking in the mirror! So cute! Our getting up for school excited newness has already worn off, at least I got a week!
ReplyDelete