Alright, alright that was just MAMB talking - Our yearly Moab trip is always an adventure and this year was no exception. The 'Lost Boys' from last year were 'Still Lost' - a 5 man team who decided to actually compete rather than enter the 'just for fun' class. The only problem was we decided not to take my nice camera - just our little adventure camera that we could never seem to find when we wanted to take a picture. So, although we did have a good time, we have very few pictures to prove it. So unlike me, I know!!
4 members of the 5-man team: Gary, Troy, Jake, Steve - just missing Adam who hadn't arrived at camp yet.
We enjoyed the little pop-up camper we rented last year for the trip so much that this year we went big and rented a real trailer. It was wonderful - so wonderful that I have caught myself checking out trailers as I drive by one dreaming of the day when we might buy our own. I know, again so unlike me, but its true. I guess I really am a pampered princess because I SOOOOO loved not having to hike in to the porta potty in the freezing middle of the night with the kids. Who knew a little toilet could bring me such joy? And psst - we also had a shower! Sinfully cheating for "camping", but I loved it, even when the pilot light went out on the water heater and I was the lucky one who had an unbelievably cold few minutes.
The whole team was able to turn out amazing lap times each time out, allowing them to complete 16 laps in the 24 hour time period. That put them in 9th place for their category, and beat out the other 2 local bike shop teams! Go team Still Lost!! We were all really proud of how well they did, and of course they are already planning (and yes training) for next year.
Here is the link to the professional pictures taken at the race if you want to check out the whole team out on the course. http://moabactionshots.com/search.php?gid_search=713&search=185&match_type=all
While the big boys were out racing, the families get to enjoy the 24 'minutes' of Moab - a little version they put on for the kids to participate in. Last year, J.D. was the youngest ever to race, and this year they even announced him as a "veteran racer" who was returning after last year being only 19 months old. Super cool. Jake had to take Elle back to our campsite because she was cold and had decided she didn't want to race, but I didn't realize he had the camera in his pocket when he left, so I didn't get any pictures of Nathan who placed 3rd in his age group, and Livy who took 2nd in hers. I only have pictures of J.D. kicking butt and taking names racing against 4 year olds.
Here he is at the start, love his little grin, but check out the serious concentration on the competition! You should have seen his face when he got beat by J.D.!
Go J.D. go!!
J.D. = tuff
As hard as it is for MAMB to admit, we had a great weekend full of red dirt and bikes and are again looking forward to next year's adventure.
HAH JD rocks my socks off! Go JD Go! Oh And way to go Nathan and Liv! Your kids don't really have a choice, they are born bikers! Its in their blood! I am glad you guys had fun!!
ReplyDelete