Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Weber version 5.0: Introducing Gavin!!

This may come as a surprise to many of you, believe me, it came as a surprise to us too (only we've had a good 8 months or so to get used to it) but we have a NEW BABY!  We kind of kept things quiet - we never really made a big announcement - so please don't feel like we intentionally left anyone out.  I was just really enjoying keeping my little secret to myself and blame it on hormones or whatever, but I had so much fun watching people start to notice and try to politely find out why I was getting rounder without offending me or actually asking the forbidden question.  Mean?!  I know, but it was fun!!  The law of karma doesn't apply when you're pregnant does it?



Anyway - on to the good stuff.  Our sweet little baby boy, Gavin, was born on Dec. 16th at 1:07 pm.  He weighed 7lbs 9oz and was 19 inches long - the biggest of our babies!  For being such an active little guy before he was born, he is just the sweetest little snuggler now that he's here - totally content to just be held all day.  I'm loving all that right now, but I think I may be in for some difficult days when Jake has to go back to work and the kids are back in school and I can't put him down to get anything done.  But like I said, I am in absolute newborn heaven right now!  He is the most alert new baby I have ever seen and spends a lot of the day peeking around taking it all in.  The kids have all been a big help and are so excited he's here.  Of all them, J.D. seems the most interested in him, always wanting to see him, touch him, hold him, and giggles at every little baby sound or funny face Gavin makes.  Its really cute to watch how sweet they are together because J.D. is naturally a bit rough and wild - he does everything on high speed, and I wondered how Gavin would survive his big brother, but they seem to be ok for now.  So . . . pictures?  Yes please!!         





 






      
Lucky for us, Grandma and Grandpa were here visiting from Connecticut and were able to help out with the kids while I was in the hospital.  Grandma cleaned the house, made lots of great meals and treats with the kids, taught them all her cooking secrets and how to knit and crochet, and she even managed to keep up with J.D. the whole time!  The kids loved every minute of it and I'm pretty sure  they were hoping I would never come back home!   
So, while I was busy doing this . . .
(Yes, I know what I look like in this picture - I was trying my HARDEST to smile and look overjoyed, but I tell you: that was a really big baby for me and he was somewhat difficult to deliver so I was still hurting a lot here.  I decided to include it on my blog for you all to see (and laugh at if you must) only because I think its so great of Jake!  He looks happy enough for the both of us - I come around a little while later.  :)  Oh and I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining  - I love the way I choose to birth and how things went - I'm just saying I need a little more time before my smile is for real.)

the kids were busy doing this . . .  

And now that all that excitement is over, we are loving adjusting to life with 5 kids and are so blessed to have this sweet little newborn join our family! We love you, Gavin!


6 comments:

  1. You little stinker! Congratulations to you all (and by all, I mean ALL SEVEN of you)! Holy moly you have 5 kids Megan! That is awesome and he is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEGAN! I cannot believe you didn't tell your FAVORITE sister you had a baby!!!!!!! Haha, anyway Mr. Gavin is adorable and I love all of the pictures! The kids are so cute holding him and I am so glad JD hasn't torn him limb to limb yet! I cannot wait till I get to come and snuggle my new favorite love and let you get back to clean the dog kennels- well maybe I will bring the G ( the Gwen G that is) and she can do it for you. PS Love the Shrek poster, and the SUPER sexy pic of you- you are right you look about the BEST I have ever seen! What a trooper- all this modern medicine and convenience and you still have babies the hard way and then let everyone view your severely ugly face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! He is beautiful! Gorgeous pictures--all of them! What a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are all getting so big. I haven't seen the last two additions to the family, you were pregnant when we left but they are all so cute and you look just as good as ever! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is some secret! Congratulations--a month and a half later!

    ReplyDelete