Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy 3 months, Baby Gavin!

Today my baby is 3 months old.  Oh how we love this little guy!
"Blue Steel"

"Ferrari"

And "Magnum"!

Why do they have to grow up and get big so fast?!  Gavin is not even close to sleeping through the night yet, but I really think I would miss our multiple late night visits if he did.  He's a snuggler - I love that - and I like to think he likes me best.  :)  We call him 'the baby who never sleeps' because he's just always so awake and alert, looking around, taking it all in.  We love his cute smiles and the little giggles that are just beginning, and that he will sit and "talk" to you all day.  So cute and fun!! 
We had an impromptu 'kodak moment' the other day when all the kids gathered around Gavin in his little bouncy seat.  At first I tried to shoo them all away - he was having a super cute smiley time, and I don't really like to share those.  :) - but I realized I wanted to get a picture with all of them in it.  My camera battery was dead, so I had to use my phone (which takes forever!) so the kids' instructions were to look at me, keep totally still, and say "cheese!" until I said they could stop.  It seemed to be working - I actually got a couple of rare cute pictures:    

And then, my sweet, sensitive little guy had enough and we got this:
At this point, I really did shoo them all away, but JD was concerned and wouldn't leave.  I told him Gavin was scared from everyone yelling right by his head and just needed some quiet alone time to settle down.  With the most loving look on his sweet little face, JD says to him, "Why are you so sad, Baby Gavin?  We were just cheesing!" 
I laughed so hard at that, but the word play funny was lost on the 3 year old.  No harm done, though - a few minutes of peace and he was back to his happy little self.
   
And look!  He actually sleeps!  Sweet angel.
We love you, Gavin!  
But quit growing up and getting so big!  It's killing your mom. 

5 comments:

  1. 3 months! Are you serious!! That went too fast! Although I love Gavin to death, and the pics are adorable.. my favorite part of this post is the "we were just cheesing!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Megan he is beyond cute! It's awful how fast they grow up isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's adorable, just like all your kiddos. I can't believe the amazing shots of the kids by camera phone. I am uber-impressed. Getting 5 kids to smile all at the same time is a miracle I rarely accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the pics of all the kids and Gavin's response growing! You have beautiful babies!!

    ReplyDelete