Sunday, February 15, 2009

Monster Jam 2009

So, we took the kids to the Monster Truck Show last night, a great way to celebrate Valentines if you ask me since that is where Jake and I went on our first date. How romantical, I know, but that kind of thing works on me. :) Anyway, we had been looking forward to it for at least a month and had a great time. My ears are still ringing and I have a major headache from exhaust overload, but it was so worth it! Since Jake's parents and brothers and families were joining us, we decided to have a redneck T-shirt contest, so the fun began long before the event when we had to pick out the funniest shirts we could find, keeping it all under $10. Although we had a great time laughing at everyone's shirts, we never had an official vote on who actually won this contest! So, I will decide. . . Although there were some great ones - I'm going to say Elle is our winner!! (Sophie, I think you can have second!!) Elle wore a shirt that was covered in WWF guys in their extreme poses of strength and intimidation. We just thought it was so funny for a little kid, and then add to it that we taught her to flex, do a mean face, and yell "get some! grrrr!" We sure got some laughs from that. Here's us in our shirts:






And, just in case you are jealous that you missed out on all the fun, I will save you the $20 ticket price and share our pics of all the action, it'll be just like you were there - insert your own loud engine noises and toxic fumes here:
























(my favorite part about this last one is the silouette of the cowboy so totally diggin' the action in the bottom corner! hee-hee!! ok, ok I admit, I enjoyed it just as much . . . )


1 comment:

  1. So I told Jake that I want to go offroading and he said there are some sweet spots out in eagle mountain up past your place. We should totally go...this weekend?

    ReplyDelete