Anyway, even as we see him emerging as his own little person, the fight is still on for him to love the same things we do. I caught J.D. in Mikka's kennel the other day and thought it was so cute and fun that he loves the dogs as much as he does (his first word besides Dadda and Momma was doggie after all!) and rather than take him out and clean him off, I took pictures while I remembered all the search and rescue training I had done while pregnant with him, and imagining him with his own little GPS and backpack out there with me in the future. Good times.
But then later that same day, Jake picked up Elle's bike and sat J.D. on it and took him for rides around the house giving him his first taste of the thrill of riding his own bike - by now I'm sure you've all seen the video clips of him loving life in the bike trailer. And just when I thought I might be able to add him as a solid member of MAMB (since he enjoys waiting around at bike races all day about as much as I do) even I can't argue with obvious look of pure joy on that cute face.
(and I just caught Elle in the background running down the stairs in protest yelling, "that's my bike!" hee-hee.)
I guess we'll just have to let him grow up and see. Maybe he'll be a good mix and make us both happy.
I hear you. Trevor forces the boys to watch Star Wars and I force them into baseball. And can I just say there is nothing cuter than a baby in a kennel? It's so tempting at times...
ReplyDeleteCutest little kid ever. If we weren't, you know, related, I would approve of our future daughter dating him. That's scary to think about isn't it...both the thought of him dating and the thought of him dating his cousin...anyway...I think he looked more excited to be on that bike than to be in the kennel...I don't blame him :) I'm sure he'll love both though. I think your best shot is...livy? for your next member of MAMB...although it would then be LAMB...wow an acronym that is an actual word...hehe
ReplyDelete