Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pirate Princess Party

Yep, I'm a little behind with our updates - Elle turned 4 on April 30th, we had a party, had loads of fun, have some great pictures to share, yet I'm just barely only blogging about it now?! What's wrong with me? I'm not really sure, maybe its how much I love to add a whole bunch of pictures to my blog posts but hate having to upload them and move them around. Its a time consuming and frustrating process and it makes me really not motivated to blog. Grrrrr. I really don't like the blogger way of doing things. (Is saying that going to get me kicked off here?! Yikes.)

So, my Elle had a birthday. One of her favorite movies is Pirates of the Caribbean, so when we asked her what kind of party she wanted it was pirates, of course!! I found out about this cool new-ish place in Orem that is kind of like a Chuck E Cheese but pirate themed and thought we should check it out. It seemed like the perfect venue and it turned out to be lots of fun. We got to work getting her pirate costume ready, and of course being a little girl who loves to dress up, it turned into more of a pirate princess than what you might see on Captain Jack's ship, but she loved it none the less.

Of course it wouldn't be the best party ever unless everyone got dressed up, so we had to find pirate apparel for everyone else who would be coming. She settled for bandannas and eye patches, but was firmly insistent that everyone in attendance would comply with her dress code. Thank you everyone for humoring her, even Grandma and Grandpa who were leaving to move to Connecticut the next day!


Even with the sad goodbye looming, we were still able to have a great time. We ordered their Cragon deal - a HUGE square pizza, that came with breadsticks and drinks, and of course tokens for the arcade. Well actually we ordered 2 because the waiter (he must have been new) made me believe we weren't going to have enough food. I think we could have partied there the rest of the week and still had pizza and breadsticks left over!! Just an FYI if you are planning a party there: the Cragon is big enough!! Don't listen the the waiters in their fancy pirate talk, sayin' "Aye, Matey. Me don't be thinkin' that'll be enough fer all the mouths on deck here."



Not that anyone was interested in eating cake after all the pizza we had in front of us, it is still tradition to sing and blow out candles, and Aunt Sophie had brought her the best pirate cake I have ever seen, so . . .
The awesome cake:

And the best "blow out the candles picture" ever captured on film. (I surprise even myself with my mad photog skills sometimes!)


Then the kids all went crazy playing games in the arcade, collected all sorts dollar store junk for prizes, we said a very teary goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa, and called in a fork lift to haul out our left over pizza. Great night.

In honor of her 4th birthday, here are 4 random facts about my Funny Monkey:

1. She is always the life of the party.

2. She can ride a 2 wheeler.

3. She is totally girl-y yet a super tuff tomboy at the same time.

4. Her Daddy is her best friend. (and don't you try to get in the middle of that one!)

3 comments:

  1. So cute! What a super mom you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time. She is so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! Where did my comment go? I wrote a good one. It said something like "Elle is cute, this looked fun, did Sophie make that cake?" and Gwen also wrote her four fav things about Elle. I don't remember them exactly but I think they were
    1- I love her face
    2- she has good toy drums
    3-she is funny
    and 4- she talks to me when I sleep on her floor!

    Sad we couldn't go but looks like Elle celebrated in style!

    ReplyDelete